return to Project List
«previous project | next project»
view larger image
Leadership Development Opportunities Web Site
This web site automated the application process for management-level leadership development programs from the initial application request through final selection of candidates. It was the first known companywide process for anything at The Boeing Company, meaning the process was the same for all groups, departments, and locations of the company. Users applied for programs on line. Managers approved applications on line. Other managers submitted letters of recommendation on line. Several layers of human resources specialists prioritized applications on line. Barb led the customer's design and development team from initial concept through beta test through a second year of application and final development. She served as the go-between for the customer and the programmers. The site was database-driven using active server pages. Barb also led the training for over 100 Human Resources specialists, which was broadcast live via satellite to 25 locations both the first and second year of implementation.
Comments from customers:
- "'No' was never a word in your vocabulary. You put your heart and soul into this project."
- "She is so patient with us all!! Also, Barb is so good at what she does!!!"
- "She gave us her 'Dig in the heals and do what's right' attitude and great support."
- "She is dedicated, hard-working, and ORGANIZED!"
- "Her patient, focused dedication to her customers is inspiring. Thanks."
- "Barb was able to communicate clearly and openly throughout the project keeping us on task willingly."